Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday, Day 15

Today for my first ever I went to square table (yes you read that correct, that's what they call it here for Cub Scouts in Lovell). While there I learned two things, one good and one not so good.

1st- There is some exciting stuff coming up with Cub Scouts and you can learn a lot about of it if you go to square table every month.

2nd- Just how messed up Lovell is. Apparently sports are far more important than Cub Scouts or Boy Scouts! Everything we plan we have to plan it around all of the sports here! Day camp has to be shortened and cannot offer nearly as many activities as it should because we will be going into the time that our baseball players need for practice or games! Now understand I'm not opposed to sports, in fact I think they are a great thing for all kids, but I am opposed to it controlling everything else in life. Tell me how far did that baseball, basketball, football, or wrestling career take you once you left Lovell? O.K. so maybe it paid for some schooling in college but really when you're in an interview for, um let's say, a job in business do you really think your boss is really going to care if you can throw a 80mph ball, make 5 3point shots in a row, pin down a 250lb. guy, or run a whole football field without being tackled; maybe if they have a company sports team.? No I think not he's going to be more impressed if you have on your application and resume that you earned your Eagle, and what you did to earn your Eagle. So seriously people in Lovell why don't you get your head on straight and figure it out! There truly is more to life than sports!

I'll leave it at that and will not even go into what has happened recently with Girl Scouts and this community!

I hope I haven't offended anyone but I just felt it was about time someone spoke up and let it out. I love everyone in this community and I hope you understand that I do love living here it's just sometimes things like this truly infuriate me.

In closing everyone have a nice evening and I'm off to bed!

Sweet dreams to everyone,
Torie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers