Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Monday, Day 14

Today was full of events so I'll just start at the beginning....

1st- It's 3:30 am and I'm on the route with AJ we turn and start heading up Rd. 12 when low and behold I almost hit a horse! Yes you read that correctly a horse! We look over and I kid you not there are at least 30 if not 40 wild horses running up the road! I pulled out my phone to video and take pics but nothing shows up!

2nd- I'm heading back into town now it's about 4 am, I've just passed Rd 16 and Ln 11 coming down the big hill when holy cow I almost hit another horse! This time there's about 10 wild horses running down the highway! I could not believe it, it was one of the coolest things I've ever encountered on my route before!

3rd- Now it's about 12:30 pm and we decide to go to the farm for lunch today. As we're traveling down the road we pass this field that has a dead deer laying in it. Perched on top of the deer is a Huge beautiful bald eagle, just below him on the ground are several crows bowing there heads to him! It was the coolest thing. We turned around so that I could get a pic but then they all flew away, I did however get a pic of them further out in the field and some video feed on them.

4th and final- We decide to go to Billings for the rest of the afternood and evening and I offer to drive. (Which turned out to be a good thing cause Russ just slept) The weather was total white out and slick roads the entire way! I can say I've never driven in complete white out situation before. Now it's 9:30 at night and we decide to drive home; Russ offers to drive so I'm all for it. You won't believe this....Dry roads, no wind, no snow, no ice for him all the way to Warren which is about 30 miles out of Lovell! Once we get to Warren he decides I need to take over cause he can't keep his eyes open, so being the nice wife I am, I take over. Now I kid you not... Only about 3 minutes down the road the weather does a complete change, wind (30+ mph), snow, ice on the roads, complete white out again! Needless to say all Russ and AJ can do is laugh, they think it's so funny, no not me! Now we're about 10 more miles down the road and they both crash! I can't believe it here I am driving in this awful stuff all the way to Billings and now for the last 30 miles of the trip with everyone sleeping again! Sorry I once again have no pics for you on this one all I was thinking about was getting home safely.

But I do have pics and some video feed on the eagle so I'll upload them. It will be quite exciting to see what I have for a first for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers