Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's Day and Anniversary!!!!

Can you believe it here I am posting again only 2 weeks later! But it has been quite a fun filled 2 weeks. We'll start with Father's Day...I was sitting here pondering what else could I get Russ for Father's Day other than just a letter opener than it clicked with me. I knew he found a truck that he really liked and wanted but just couldn't see how to do it. So that was my goal to get him the truck for Father's Day. But I must back up and tell the whole story.

Several months ago I found another vehicle big enough for our family that I wanted too, but wasn't sure how to do it yet either. That's when the light bulb turned on. Russ said to me (several months ago) if I could figure out how to buy another vehicle large enough for our family, get him a truck, keep our Suburban, and keep the payments at the same price or less then he would go for it. (he should have never challenged me like that)

Not sure how many of you know me real well but let's just put it this way I go to discount stores (like K-Mart and Wal-Mart) and ask for a discount on their clearance items (yes I really do and Russ just shakes his head), funny thing is I usually always get it as well. Not only that I'm a professional coupon shopper and will not buy anything that's over $3.00. For example...just did some coupon shopping and got 160 Yoplait yogurts and only paid $18.00 for all of them, that's about .11 cents per yogurt. Not the best that I've done but not to bad. Anyways onto the story...

Since I'm a professional bargain shopper I knew if I played it right I could make it work. I knew it was going to take some tricky moves but I could do it and especially since he challenged me, I was determined to find a way. So once the light bulb turned on I made some phone calls to the sellers of the truck, the other family vehicle, and the bank. As I was speaking to the bank I let them know what my payment needed to stay at or be at, what I expected for my interest rate, and what all vehicles I was planning to purchase. After a few moments of number crunching and talking they finally came back to me with a quote (I did have to remind them the price range I was expecting to stay at, and they finally listened and came to my terms). I asked them to please hold while I went to converse with my husband. Hard at work irrigating I asked Russ for his signature, well of course at that point he asked me why I needed it. So I had to disclose what was going on. All he could do was shake his head and laugh. His words were "I should've known if there was anyone out there that could find a way to make it work, it would be you. And yes I did say if you could find a way, I would go for it."

So for Father's Day Russ received a '93 Ford Ranger extended cab (and a letter opener)! He loves the truck (as well as the letter opener)!

As for the other vehicle well a week later was our Anniversary! So for our Anniversary we received a 2003 GMC Denali! And yes we do love it!!!!

We finally have two reliable vehicles large enough to carry our family anywhere so when one of us needs to be gone for something the other one still has a way to carry children. Russ also finally got the little truck that he's been wanting. All in all it's been an exciting and fun two weeks!!!

Russ says the moral of the story is....."If you want something accomplished all you need to do is challenge Torie on it and it will be done!!!"

Love to all!!!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh!! That is such a great story. I am so happy all your 'parent dreams' of a house and reliable cars has come to fruition in such a short time! Hoping to call you soon! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to keep up on facebook, but it is so nice to see you blogging again! I love all the details! :) So glad you are all doing so well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers