Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Last 6 months!!!!

Wow it's really been that long! O.K. let's get this going and maybe just maybe I'll be able to keep up with it from here on out; however I am not making any promises.

May: AJ finished out Track and Field with several awards and loving it! He has found his new love in life and plans to excel in it in every way possible. Not much more happened in May.

June: AJ was able to attend his first time ever Martin's Cove Trek; he came home a whole new person . He talked about the trek and all of the events that happened there for several months after, we could tell it was quite powerful and meaningful to him.

Russ and I celebrated our 10th anniversary! I know I can't believe it either! He surprised me with a necklace that I had wanted for ever, it was the match to the ring he gave me for our 5th anniversary!

JR discovered the instrument of his dreams. While we were at Mustang Days Follies (our town celebration week) he saw Mr. Mickelson (yes this is John's cousin for those of you who know him) playing the trumpet and his eyes lit up like a Christmas Tree! Low and behold with moms creative skills he's getting trumpet lessons! (Mr. Mickelson's son wanted to learn drums so mom suggested we swap! Russ still can't believe I asked!)

July: Hmm not much happened here we went back to Laramie for Jubilee Days and had so much fun! Oh and AJ and mom decided to take up a paper route.

August: Here goes.... to start out with we almost hit a deer out on the route, then a few days later we DID hit a deer and crunched up the front of our Nissan. Now that happened on the route around 4 am Monday morning; later that evening as we were heading home from the drive-in movie we stopped at Maverick to clean the windows and grab a drink. As I was proceeding to pull forward away from the red poles I apparently turned a little to sharp, I hit them! Only this time I was in the Suburban! So yes you read that correctly I had two accidents in less than 24hrs. with two different vehicles. Needless to say Russ wasn't so hip on mom driving for awhile.

About a week later we were blessed with some visitors! John and Nancy Mahi flew in from St. George to spend the week with us and we were so excited! We had everything planned it was going to be the best summer vacation anyone could ask for! Well, let's just say it certainly wasn't a dull boring one....

1st day: here we go out on the boat on the Big Horn Lake we were out there enjoying the beautiful weather the kids were having a blast it was great.....then the afternoon storm came in so we thought well we better get back to dock (understand we docked at Horseshoe Bend and we were clear up passed Barry's Landing it's about 10 or so miles away) by the time we got to Barry's Landing the wind was starting to come in but we figured oh going through the canyon shouldn't be that bad....(haha) Let's just say we had our adventure of white water rafting via boat style! The canyon walls created a wind tunnel so as the wind went through it whipped up the water, we were in what was like a hurricane! All of the kids were laying on the floor in the middle and back of the boat covered with towels John sat on the floor up front while Nancy and I sat on the benches up front and Russ was driving. I must admit I was scared to death! At one point I looked around to see if the boat capsized was there anywhere to take the kids for safety, and nope there wasn't just strait solid canyon walls. Thankfully everyone had on life jackets and we even had some extras just in case. After we were out of the canyon, back to land, and safe we all decided it was quite the adventure! John said it best though "That was Excellent!"

Day 2: After such an exciting day we decided to rest for a day and start our adventures on the next day.

Day 3: The adventure continues...we decide to take them Geocaching because they've never done it and really wanted to experience it, so what the heck let's go! Off to Blue's canyon we head only to discover it's closed for repairs! What!, no way. Oh but look we can take this other road, let's take it.
Here we go on the trail up the mountain...hmm the road seems to be getting thinner and thinner. It's alright though we can do it we're almost there! After much scare of all of us we finally make it to the top of the mountain right up by Devil's Canyon! We're looking around and we finally find the geocache, the kids were super excited!
We decided to call Val Russ' dad to ask if there's an easier way down. He says to Russ "so you went up on 4 wheelers right?" "Uh no dad we are in our Suburban." "What your suburban!!!! That road is for 4 wheelers not Suburbans! The only way down is the way you came but if there's a storm moving in then you either have to wait out the storm or get down before it hits because the canyon will flash flood!" "Uh o.k. so bye dad, everyone hold on tight and make sure you have your seat belts on here we go!" We made it down safe, in fact the coming down was much easier than the going up was. Once again John said it best, "That was EXCELLENT!"

About a week after the Mahi's left AJ started his cross country track season and he did AWESOME!! He took from 2nd to 5th place at every meet. He even beat some of the fastest runners from Wyoming Indian School. I am so proud of him! He has found his love in life and he is continuing to progress with it. His coach has him on a running schedule that he has to do every week.

As for September and October nothing much happened just a lot of cross country and swimming meets and that's about all.

November....yeah well the curse of my bad luck came back full force!
1st... I get sick with some sort of awful bug. I had to go to the ER on Saturday and get two shots, then all the rest of the week up till yesterday, Wednesday every time I tried to walk I would pass out it was the weirdest thing. Yesterday was the first day I felt like I was back in my own body again and I wasn't dizzy or passing out, which was nice let me tell you. Which brings up the next bad luck thing...

2nd... AJ asks for a ride to band, I decide what the heck I'm feeling rather well today I guess I could give you a ride it is a little chilly out there. We're stopped at the intersection waiting to turn left and just as it's coming up time when I can a car comes and rear ends me!!! Guess what car we're in this time, yep it's our Nissan poor little car it's been through way to much. So needless to say both AJ and myself are very sore today, but thankfully only the car is what got hurt not us.

Hopefully that will be the end of my bad luck for awhile!

I have to sit here and wonder why do I need to continue to go through these trials. I guess some day the answer will be revealed to me. Till then I'm just thankful that through all of the events no one has been hurt really bad. Till I post again everyone please have a safe and Happy Holiday season!

Love to all,
The Dicksons'

1 comment:

  1. Pictures of the events will be coming. Also who knows how to change the color on here? I'm in need of some serious blogging 101 classes! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Followers